Assalamu aleikum dear readers and bloggers,
First, I want to thank my sister in Islam Papatia
Between Sisters, SVP! for nominating me for this award.
“The Blog-aholic Award is an award for bloggers addicted to blogging with creative, ingenious and inspiring posts. They mesmerize their followers with their posts, keep them captivated and riveted to their blog. The Blog-aholic Award is also for bloggers who share and inspire others” – The Recipe Hunter (Cook and Enjoy).
So here we go!
My Best Post:
My best post is The Different Types Of Patience
Three Facts About Me:
I have traveled a lot as a child young adult.
I organize my clothes by color.
I have super sensitive smelling and hearing.
I Nominate: (you don’t have to take part if you wish not to)
- Put the above award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog (it can be to the post in which they nominated you or any other post or you can even link to their “About” page.)
- Mention the creator: (The Recipe Hunter (Cook and Enjoy)) of this award and please provide a link or pingback as I (Esmé of The Recipe Hunter (Cook and Enjoy) would love to meet you!
- Write a post to show your award.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
- Share 3 interesting and different facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 fellow bloggers, or more if you wish.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Thank you for reading,
As salam Alikum Readers
Here are the rules :
1. How do you find time for blogging? When I can’t sleep I write
2. What is the best part about blogging? Expressing my thoughts
3. What did you gain from your blog? A place to express my emotions its a outlet
4. What do you wish to gain from your blog in future? Maybe I’ll turn it into a paperback book.
5. What marketing/promoting tips worked for you best? Still learning on this , use Facebook and twitter
6. Which are your favorite Islamic blogs? I have to choose? There are so many good blogs I can’t choose , sorry I read them all.
7. What have been your biggest achievements in the field of writing? Still waiting for that to happen
8. What is your aim in life? To raise well behaved happy Muslim children
9. What are your favorite Muslim magazines, publications and websites? Oh no not again! I read them all , I don’t choose favorites, I love reading .
10. Who are your favorite Muslim authors? I can’t choose , I will say that I’ll read any book once .
11. What is one advice you want to give to newbie bloggers? Keep going even when it doesn’t seem like you have a following.
11 random facts:
- I was born in a truck stop
- I moved a lot as a child and teen
- I use to live in a bus
- I’ve worked in farms and orchards
- I’m short
- I have dyslexia
- I didn’t have a tv gowning up
- I will read any book once
- I taught myself how to bake at 5 years old
- I went to culinary school
- I have lived in three different countries and 48 of the 50 united states
I am nominating the following 11 blogs
My 11 Questions are;
- How many countries have you lived in?
- How many states have you lived in?
- Do you like to cook?
- What are you afraid of?
- Do you read book?
- What was your very first job?
- How many sisters do you have?
- How many brothers do you have?
- Have you lost a loved one?
- Have you ever had surgery?
- Can you Crochet?
Go down stairs
Sit in chairs
Turn da lights out
Eat some sauerkraut
I see the Lunar
I eat some tuna
I take my old shoes off
And I start to really cough
I put them my shoes back on
And I dream of King Kong
I stopped writing
whisk me away for days.
I should have never stopped writing.
It is what gives me the strength to move on.
I put it aside and carried on.
I used to be scared that someone would find
what I wrote and read it.
So after a while of having a precious
writing I’d rip it up.
I was embarrassed about some of the ways
that I felt, Ashamed.
My paranoid feelings made me put down
My Pen and Pad.
So I stored my emotions in the back of
Rigorously they built up in my brain
until it was to late to realize.
I held in so much pain.
Only to have my conscience haunt me and
by not writing, delete me.
Let us find True Love
True love seeks sacrifice and I’ve given it all.
This, this is true love in its purest form.
I turn my face towards you now.
The Lord of my World and the Heavens above.
I am yours and yours, alone.
My prayer, my sacrifice is only for you.
My life and death are yours to take.
A promise I make.
To lay my life for you.
An oath that I worship.
No-one but you.
(Inspired by Dua of The Holy Prophet SAW to be read at Qurbani time)
“The sincere hearts and the pious supplications are soldiers which can never be defeated.”