Exciting News! I’ll be honest- I do worry about my kids sometimes. The world that they are growing up in is much more challenging than the world I grew up in. I am constantly looking for resources to help make Islamic education more fun and exciting for my children- that’s when I discovered Noor Kids!…
Surah Ibrahim 1- 52
- [14:1] The Qur’an is an amazing gift from Allah! Do not take it for granted. It takes one out from the darkness of ignorance to Light of eeman and to the path that leads to the Creator’s love and pleasure.
- [14:7] Be grateful. It’s the key to happiness and more of Allah’s blessings. Allah says that if you thank Him, He will will surely increase you in all blessings, what a merciful Lord! Be thankful not just when you receive blessings or for the existing blessings but also when you face problems and unpleasant things because if you reamin patient Allah will increase you [again] in levels in Jannah.
- [14:17] Think about the horrors of the Hellfire; drinking foul and boiling fluids, death coming from everywhere but you will not die. Ask Allah each day to protect you from the Fire.
View original post 651 more words
Surah Ra’ad 1- 43
- [13:2] Look at the sky every day and think of your meeting with Allah.
- [13:6] Find a balance in being afraid for Allah’s punishment and hope for His reward. Don’t be too “strict” as it can make you give up (good deeds) – nor too “loose” as it can make you give in (to bad deeds).
- [13:9] Allah is: الْكَبِيرُ الْمُتَعَالِ, The Grand, the Exalted. He knows everything in the heavens and the earth. Turn to Him and be sincere to Him.
- [13:14] Do not ask/call anyone other than Allah. Those whom you call/ask other than Allah, can’t do anything for you. They themselves are in need of Allah.
- [13:15] Everything in the universe, even shadows prostrate to Allah with humility but disbelievers refuse to understand and submit.
- [13:17] Be of those who are of benefit to the people…
View original post 289 more words
Surah Yusuf 53 to 111
The last part of Surah Yusuf continues the story of Prophet Yusuf (Joseph) that was begun earlier in the chapter. There are many lessons that can be learned from his story of betrayal at the hands of his brothers.
- [12:53] The soul is a persistent enjoiner of evil.That’s why controlling the soul is said to be the biggest jihad ever. The ones who control their selves from falling into evil are the best of Mujahideen.
- [12:54-55] From the qualities of Prophet Yusuf (alayhissalam), was that he was very handsome, caring, honest, trustworthy, protective and knowledgeable.
- [12:56-57] The reward of a doer of good is never lost. Yusuf (alayhissalam) was tested so many times but he was patient and continued doing good deeds and Allah rewarded him with a high position job in the kingdom.
- [12:64] Allah is the…
View original post 958 more words
The Muslims have been exhorted to safeguard against the evils that corrupt collective life and spoil mutual relationships. Mocking and taunting each other, calling others by nicknames, creating suspicions, prying into other people’s affairs and back biting are the evils which are not only sins in themselves but they also corrupt society. Allah has mentioned all these evils separately and forbidden them as unlawful.
Allah warns us:
“O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear God, verily, God is the one who accepts repentance, Most Merciful.”
(Surat Al-Ĥujurāt 49: 12)
As the Prophet (sallulaho’alaihiwasalam) informed us, backbiting is “to say something about your brother that he would dislike.” Someone asked him: “But what…
View original post 212 more words
Allah subhanawatallah says in Surah Al Kahf ayah 103-105,
“Say, [O Muhammad], “Shall we [believers] inform you of the greatest losers as to [their] deeds?” (18:103)
“[They are] those whose effort is lost in worldly life, while they think that they are doing well in work.” (18:104)
“Those are the ones who disbelieve in the verses of their Lord and in [their] meeting Him, so their deeds have become worthless; and We will not assign to them on the Day of Resurrection any importance.” (18:105)
The most unsuccessful people are those who confined all their endeavors to the worldly life. That is, whatever they did, they did for this world without paying any regard to Allah subhanawatallah and the Hereafter. As they considered the worldly life to be the real life, they made the success and prosperity in this world their sole aim and object. Even if they professed the…
View original post 400 more words
Surah Yusuf Ayahs 1 to 52
- [12:3]When the Yahood as Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wasallam) about Yusuf (‘alayhissalam) to test his knowledge, Allah revealed the whole story to inform him and as a form of consolation to him. It’s a story full of lessons of all types for all ages. You will learn something new everytime you read this beautiful surah. Allah subhana’watalh called it BEST STORY.
- [12:2] Make learning the Arabic language with the intention to understand the Quran a priority.
- [12:5] Dreams are of three types. Good dreams are from Allah. We should narrate them only to a loved one. Bad dreams are from shaytan to worry us. If we get a bad dream we should recite “istiaza” (A’aoodhubillahi min asshaytanir Rajeem) thrice and spit on the left and turn to the other side and not tell anyone about it. And third…
View original post 435 more words
Surah Hud 6 to 123
- [11:6] Allah KNOWS every creature’s rizq (provision) and place of rest even though there are millions of creatures in the universe.
- [11:7] He created the seven heavens seven earths and the Arsh and all of us…why? TO TEST US! All khair and shar comes to us to test us….to see which one of us is BEST in deeds.
- [11:9] Don’t despair and don’t be ungrateful when you face a problem. It’s just a test from Allah so be a true believer and show patience while continuing to do good deeds as this will cleanse your soul and bring ou great reward.
- [11:11] إِلَّا الَّذِينَ صَبَرُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ أُولَٰئِكَ لَهُمْ مَغْفِرَةٌ وَأَجْرٌ كَبِيرٌ “Except for those who are patient and do righteous deeds; those will have forgiveness and great reward“. Only place in the Quran where Allah accompanies وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَات with صَبَرُوا
View original post 1,312 more words