We will discuss the acts nullifying the fast under two categories:
- Actions that require both Kaffara and Qada.
- Fast-breaking actions that require Fasting as Qada only.
1. Actions that require both Kaffara and Qada.
It is a sin to break our fast or not fast without an excuse during the month of Ramadan. When we are fasting, if we break the fast knowingly, we must seek forgiveness of Allah due to this sin. As a penalty, we must fast for two months (kaffara) and one additional day to make up the broken fast.
2. Fast-breaking actions that require Fasting as Qada only.
Our fast can also be broken accidentally or due to an excuse. In this case, we only fast for those days that we have missed.
Some of the fast-breaking actions that require only qada (without kaffara) include:
1. Eating or drinking does not break the fast if is…