*From New York Times online recipe collection*
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
- 25 grams sliced almonds (about 1/3 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, more as needed
- ¾ cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tablespoons softened goat cheese
- 55 grams almond flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 195 grams confectioner’s sugar (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces bittersweet (72 percent) chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add almonds and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until almonds are golden, about 5 minutes. Pour into a bowl.
- In an electric mixer, beat together almond butter and goat cheese. Beat in almond flour. Stop mixer and scrape down sides. Beat in sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 5 tablespoons butter until combined. Scrape down sides and beat once more to combine. Spread into…
View original post 76 more words